I decided to get some books out of the library to help with my research and I found two pretty cool ones full of visual effect techniques.
The first book I found is "Special Effects: Wire, Tape and Rubber Band Style" by L. B. Abbot, the guy behind the effects in The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno and Fantastic Voyage.
It gives us an insight into how some of the effects were created with detailed accounts and lots of images.
The next book is "The Technique of Special Effects Cinematography" by Raymond Fielding. It gives detailed explinations into many types of special effects and the equipment and techniques that go into creating them.
I think they are going to keep me very interested in this project. I already have read up on The Towering Inferno and some of the techniques as it is one of my favorite disatser movies, along with The Poseidon Adventure.
I think I will start to watch films that are full of visual effects and then watch the making of's afterwards. Titanic will definately be one of them as I know that inside and out.
I may even have a go at Matt replacement myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment