Wednesday, 30 September 2009

So here's what I'm gonna do

I have decided that for my first post I will briefly explain what it is that I am hoping to research and develop.

So I'm gonna go with Directing a horror movie. I chose this for two reasons:
1. I want to see what sort of techniques are involved.
2. It's a great excuse to watch more horror films and make one of my own!

I'll be looking at directors like Wes Craven who we all know directed the Scream trilogy and A Nightmare On Elm Street, which I have yet to see.
I'm gonna also look at George A. Romero and his famous "Of The Dead" series. Did you know he even wrote a script for the first Resident Evil movie? Everyone liked it apart from one person who chose Paul Anderson's script which was the one that got made sadly.

Here's Romero's Resident Evil script if you want to read it by the way.

So back on topic, I will be looking at their films and their techniques and also at the history of the horror film just to give it a bit of background.

I'll let you know how I am getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment